Saturday 14 July 2012

My New Addiction





















I am head over heals for Speculoos crepes!  Speculoos cookies were traditionally baked just before St. Nicolas' feast on December 5th in the Netherlands, Belgium, and nothern France. However, now they are available all year round! The cookies contain cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamon, and white pepper, they taste similar to gingerbread cookies, but WAY better! Any who, this speculoos paste  is drizzled on crepes and can be added to anything else. I'm in love. 

1 comment:

  1. So this is my second attempt at posting a comment..lol... this food sounds AMAZING! THIS SPREAD YUMMMM! Anyway, I have been reading your blog all morning with coffee and I love it. You really make your traveling expriences come to life throigh your vibrant language and colorful imagery! I almost feel like I can be there now (except I am definitely in Jersey where it rains on weekends and people walk around with ultimate "stink faces" hahaha. Imiss you amd am so happy that you are soaking up everything. Please he sure to write in the journal that I gave you because I really truly would love to read it.

    Please let your host family know that they have an amazing person in their presence and that if every American were just like you, we'd be lying lol. You are probably shining so much light into their home because of your beautiful demeanor, kind and caring words, and joyful smile! Oh and I receieved the Istanbul postcard. Beautiful!!

    Tell Miss Nadia I said hello!

    Be safe. Always praying for your safety.
    Love you!
    BRITT.

    Ps this lettet came out a lot better than the first. Xo

    ReplyDelete